Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The First Step - Cleaning

So the first step in my "Green Journey" was how i was cleaning.  I was using a lot of harsh chemicals. I loved the cleaner isle which promised a bacteria free fresh smelling home... but at what cost?  I did some research and found out that a health care facility had found that cleaning with a high vinegar - water ratio  spray and microfiber cloths were killing bateria, and doing less harm to those with respiratory illness.  So I headed to my local grocery store and picked up a giant bottle of vinegar, hit up the dollar store for some spray bottles and microfiber towels and got cleaning.  It wasn't long and i was HOOKED!   My now husband (then boyfriend) found his allergies were better managed, my "cleaning headaches" were gone and the house looked and smelled pretty freakin' clean!  So i kept it up and i havent turned back!!!  So i mix half and half distilled water and vinegar and clean away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment